[thelist] Causes of IE6 Crashes (RESOLVED)

Ken Snyder kendsnyder at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 17:38:25 CDT 2007

Lee Kowalkowski wrote:
> So, have you managed to rule anything out yet?
Just to report back: Removing the following code fixed the crashes.

img { behavior: url(/libs/iepngfix.htc); }

Ultimately, we changed the line to

.png img, img.png { behavior: url(/libs/iepngfix.htc); }

to limit the png fixing script to only images with class png or images
descendants of elements with class png.

Here's what we learned:
1. Be sure to limit the number of behavior scripts, calling them for
many elements really bogs down IE
2. Be sure to use the mime type "text/x-component" for HTC files and use
proper expiry headers

Thanks again for your help.  I don't think I ever would have found it
without your suggestions!

- Ken