[thelist] absolute vs relative font sizes

Simon Watkins handymanorama at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 05:55:08 CDT 2007

Hi,

I have a menu containing some markup similar to this:

<ul>
   <li>Item 2
      <ul>
      </ul>
   </li>
</ul>

where each item in the list can contain either a link or a further list.  I
would like to style it so that if an item is a link it has a smaller text
size and if it is a label for a further list it has a larger text size.
There is no way to tell how deep the lists may be nested.  If I use:

li{font-size: 12px;}
li a{font-size: 10px;}

then it works fine, but if for example I use:

li{font-size: 1.2em;}
li a{font-size: 0.8em;}

then font sizes grow down the list.  Help?