[thelist] contact from vs. email

Bob Meetin ontheroad at frii.com
Sat Jul 28 10:01:46 CDT 2007

Just curious,  I just assumed management of another site.  The previous
web person did something real screwey with an email link.  The client
has both a PC and a MAC.  The Mac was not configured for email.  Anytime
she would click on the contact us, email link, it would fail.  She also
got complaints from some clients of similar problems saying something
about Outlook not being configured... blah...  So what this person did
was to remove the mailto and say something like email is down and please
email so-so at abc at xyz.com in plain text.  Also to her he commented that
he cannot be responsible for everyone's email working.

The easy workaround for me is to create a simple php contact form with a
couple fill-in fields.  This works fine.

Just curious I said..  Is email config on local PC a common problem or
is she somewhat a victim of circumstances, coincidence?