[thelist] Can we detect click event on a flash object?

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Wed Aug 1 21:26:23 CDT 2007

Hi Volkan,

I think it's possible that we don't have enough information.  To answer
this, we would need to know if you have access to the FLA's or are the
clients providing you the SWF's only?

The answers provided already assume that you are able to get into the
actionscript, I think.

If you don't have access into the source code, consider creating a generic
wrapper SWF object that loads up the SWF ad dynamically.  That should then
give you the flexibility to add whatever click triggers you see necessary.
If we even get real creative, this same wrapper could then be used to
display GIF, JPG, SWF and FLV's while still providing you click-through
statistics.

HTH,

Joshua

Joshua L. Olson
WAE Technologies, Inc.
http://www.waetech.com/
Phone: 706.210.0168
Fax: 413.812.4864
Private Enterprise Number: 28752

Monitor bandwidth usage on IIS6 in real-time:
http://www.waetech.com/services/iisbm/