[thelist] md5 hashed password problem

Bob Meetin - 303-926-0167 - www.dottedi.biz bobm at dottedi.biz
Wed Aug 15 13:39:39 CDT 2007

Thank you so much- we have blast off.  I need to write up some steps to
turn this into a conversion-type routine, but the result was that it
woks to authenticate and grant access.  I think what i need to do is

1) set old password off for original members and authenticate,
2) capture the password that they entered to successfully authenticate,
3) convert to the new scheme, and
4) change them from flagged, historic to regular.

Or something thereabouts. Unless I am missing something it seems that I
should be able to add a password flag field to the members table and use
an if/else to update this field. Sorry Hassan but this is not ugly and
annoying to me, more like a life-saver as well as a learning
experience!  I will let y'all know when I have this working.

Happy Bob

So, out of curiousity --  per-connection basis