[thelist] More frustration with dom and IE

Lee Kowalkowski lee.kowalkowski at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 24 06:21:03 CDT 2007

On 24/08/07, Chris Price <chris.price at choctaw.co.uk> wrote:
> Another case where Firefox and Opera play ball but IE won't have it.
>
> What I have is a base image.
>
> I then have 6 divs absolutely positioned so that when the mouse hovers
> over one of them it changes the base image.
>
> It works fine in Firefox but won't play in IE. Any ideas?

Working fine on IE5.5 & 6, not sure why you're returning false
everywhere though.

Never expected window.onload = initElement to resolve though (I
thought initElement would have been undefined because the function is
defined afterwards), but it did.

What markup are you using?  Perhaps it's a positioning thing and you
have a negative margin somewhere which means you're not mouse-over-ing
those elements, but another element which overlaps them all.

--
Lee