[thelist] Forward to new page with POST data (PHP)

Noah St. Amand noah at tookish.net
Mon Aug 27 21:52:22 CDT 2007

Hi,

I'd like to submit POST data to a third party form processor, but also
forward to the page where the form is processed -- I'm using PHP. For
example, I'd like to do the following:

1. build a form on my site that collects data for PayPal (but not the
credit card information)

2. submit that form to a PHP script on my site that processes the data
(and returns to the form if there are any errors)

3. when the form is processed (and passes the error tests), send an
email then forward the browser to the PayPal checkout page with all of
the post data that PayPal needs (and that I've collected in the form)

Both cURL and Snoopy appear to submit the POST data and return the
resulting information to the script that calls them (please correct me
if I'm wrong, but everything that I've read suggests that this is how
they work). What I'd like to do is actually forward the browser to the
page I'm posting to, along with the POST data.

Does anyone know of a way of doing this?

(By the way, I know that I can submit GET data to PayPal; I've just used
this as an example -- the actual script I need to get data to won't
accept it in the query string.)

Thanks,
Noah