[thelist] Forward to new page with POST data (PHP)

Mark Groen evolt at markgroen.com
Mon Aug 27 22:20:19 CDT 2007

On Monday 27 August 2007 19:52, Noah St. Amand wrote:
> I'd like to submit POST data to a third party form processor, but also
> forward to the page where the form is processed -- I'm using PHP.
> Does anyone know of a way of doing this?

Using sessions to pass the data from page to page is one way, main reference
here, lots of tutorials with a Google:
http://ca.php.net/session

Build your form with the extra data fields you want to have, (you already know
that the CC info isn't needed on your form), and iirc you can add up to six
extra form fields that are saved for your own Paypal account records. Paypal
itself has a lot of information to help with their system, go to the
developer section:
https://www.paypal.com/developer
or
https://www.paypal.com/IntegrationCenter/ic_standard_home.html#PayPalShoppingCart

If there's an error then have your script give a notice of what to fix and
when you're happy save the data you want on the server just before it goes to
Paypal. A google on something like "form php session tutorial" should give
you enough to get the job done:

http://www.google.ca/search?num=30&hl=en&safe=off&q=form+php+session+tutorial&btnG=Search&meta=
--
cheers,