[thelist] CSS Help....

Lee Kowalkowski lee.kowalkowski at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 28 08:07:54 CDT 2007

On 28/08/07, Anthony Baratta <anthony at baratta.com> wrote:
> Howdy...
> I have a tabbed menu using LI tags at the top of the page underneath a
> banner. I want the banner to be "behind" the tabs - which when active
> stick up above the blue background a few pixels. I've done this before,
> but for some reason the proper sacrifices to the HTML/CSS gods are not
> being made.

Do you mean you want the tabs' container to be relatively positioned
"up a bit"?  position:relative; top:(negative value); - Not sure what
you want otherwise.

> Second, my div structure must be off somewhere because I can not get a
> containing div (which has a border) to surround the content. If I don't
> add a ".", the box collapses and does not respect the content size
> within it. Again, I've done this successfully before but have found
> lacking and I know I'm being mocked by the HTML/CSS gremlins. ;-P

Interesting non-use of the table element.  Use the table element.  If
you float your 3 tables, you'll need to float their containing
element, or insert a clearing element afterwards.

--
Lee