[thelist] SQL: finding "new" records in a table

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 11:16:41 CDT 2007

> There isn't anything like an Is_changed flag on the appointments table
> and I don't have the option of modifying the table structure or the
> process that adds/updates appointments.

If you can't access the add/update procedure and you can't access the
table structure, then indeed the solution which I would imagine would be
to compare the last CVS dump with the current data.

Question is if that will actually save you anything--what are you trying
to save? Disk space? CPU cycles? Or just to eliminate redundant CVS
data, in which case it makes sense.

Fred