[thelist] mouseover and liquid layout questions

David Dorward david at dorward.me.uk
Wed Sep 5 11:01:02 CDT 2007

On 5 Sep 2007, at 16:51, Meredith Tupper wrote:
> A client wants a nav menu mouseover using on / off / pick options.
> Is it possible to do this without frames?  (e.g. the selected nav
> menu item stays changed or "picked" when its page content is
> displayed?

That's just a matter of some logic along the lines of:
foreach my $this_section (@sections) {
if ($this_section CONTAINS $this_page) {
    display $this_section;
} else {
   // don't
}
}

The specifics depend on how the menu is implemented.

> Second question on different site: the liquid layout on
> http://www.meria.net is not working.  Some people have to increase
> their browser window width or else the page content settles to the
> bottom.  Any suggestions for how I could fix this?

Starting with valid code wouldn't hurt.

http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.meria.net
%2F

( http://diveintomark.org/archives/2003/05/05/why_we_wont_help_you )