[thelist] need a message board script

Nan Harbison nan at nanharbison.com
Mon Sep 10 09:57:28 CDT 2007

Hello all,

I need to add a question and answer section to a website I am working on. My
client wants it to be very similar to:

http://www.linkedin.com/answers

I decided I would look around for a message board/discussion forum script so
that I don't re-invent the wheel and to be completely lazy and save a lot of
time.
I have found several scripts that don't give screen shots, so I would have
to do the complete install and check it out, and probably customize it.

I have looked at
zorum  (actually this one gives screen shots, and looks like it could be
altered without too much trouble)
mercuryboard - I tried, it doesn't seem like it fits my needs well, although
it was super easy to set up
tforum
phpBB

Have any of you used any of these so you know what it looks like right out
of the box? Or do you have another suggestion?

TIA
Nan