[thelist] Crystal Reports

j s jslist at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 12 09:55:02 CDT 2007

I created a set of crystal reports, with ASP.Net & Visual Studio, on my machine, and went to upload them onto the intranet.  Then I found out there has to be crystal reports on the web server to display it.  Which license would be needed?  Server or Developer.

According to Business Objects,
http://www.businessobjects.com/products/reporting/crystalreports/licensing/details.asp
there is a special right now when you buy the Developer version:
Special introductory offer for Crystal Reports Server
Crystal Reports Developer Edition includes an introdutory offer of five named-user licenses of Crystal Reports Server.
Which has Five free named-user licenses are provided per deployment.

So does this mean it can go on 5 servers or 5 people can view the report at the same time?

Sorry to be so stupid about this but I'm not the one that buys server software and is aware of licensing.

Thanks for the help
Jess