[thelist] Ranking Search Results (Levenshtein) [PHP]?

Stefan Schwarzer st.schwarzer at geois.de
Wed Sep 26 08:41:16 CDT 2007

Hi there,

I would like to achieve some kind of rating of the results of a
query. As it searches in different fields of the (metadata) database,
matching keywords of the field of the "data variable names" are more
important than matching keywords in the "description" field...

I've read about the Levenshtein function, but a) I am not sure if
this is the right track; and b) I don't really know how to implement
this for the given need.

Can anyone give me a hint or two?

Thanks for any advice!

Stef