[thelist] Joomla / custom forms / SEF

Bob Meetin - www.dottedi.biz bobm at dottedi.biz
Mon Oct 1 08:30:33 CDT 2007

Seemingly a year (a long week) later I think I have it.  I visited the
Joomla forum and someone got back to me to take a look at this page for
Joomla extensions:
http://extensions.joomla.org/index.php?option=com_mtree&task=listcats&cat_id=1873&Itemid=35
which is what I'd found, just wasn't sure.

I tried out several before I finally got one to work, Jumi but only
after I installed the Jumi Plug-in as well.  There is a pre-installed
module called Code Support, however the documentation is not very
helpful and I don't know if it does anything.

For search-engine friendly URL's I installed the package,
com_sh404SEF-1.2.4w.zip.  It seems to work well, but in rewriting URL's
it adds 'index.php' in the path by default; hopefully that is just a
configuration issue which I haven't figured out yet.

This:
www.whatever.com/index.php?option=com_content&Itemid=30&id=16&lang=en&task=view
about.php
Now looks like:     www.whatever.com/index.php/about.php

Would be sweeter if:     www.whatever.com/about.php  --> as this would
be the URL which google sees now.

The next task, for me, is to figure out how to hook into Joomla sessions
so that I don't have to go it alone, jerry-rig.

----