[thelist] Logout

David Dorward david at dorward.me.uk
Tue Oct 2 03:36:24 CDT 2007

On 2 Oct 2007, at 08:51, Giuseppe Totaro wrote:
> My customer ask me that web application's user log out when he
> close your browser (FF and MSIE 7).
> Is it possible handle this problem with JavaScript (We're using JSP)?

No, JavaScript won't help you with this.

If you're using HTTP Basic Authentication, then the credentials will
be discarded when the browser is closed.

If you're using cookie based authentication, then don't set an expiry
date on the cookie, this will make it a session cookie and it will be
discarded when the browser closes.

If you're using some other form of authentication, then you'll have
to let us know what it is.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk/