[thelist] Synchronizing Internet Explorer

Chris Price chris.price at choctaw.co.uk
Thu Oct 4 09:36:53 CDT 2007

I have a client who wants to be able to demonstrate his product using
his website but he may not always be online. So he synchronizes Internet
Explorer for his website's home page.

I have recently built an application for this website using javascript
which brings in new images on mouse events. Because Explorer doesn't
click buttons when synchronizing it doesn't load the images.
Consequently, they're not available offline.

To fix this I have included links to all these images on the page in
question but hidden the links using absolute positioning so they are
displayed but not visible to humans.

I tried synchronizing on a one PC with Internet Explorer 6 and it worked
OK but it doesn't work on my clients PC.

Is there any reason why this should work on one PC and not another? They
are both set to links 3 deep.

Also, I cannot find how to do this on IE7.

Kind Regards
--
Chris Price

Choctaw

chris.price at choctaw.co.uk
http://www.choctaw.co.uk

Tel. 01524 825 245
Mob. 0777 451 4488

Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder
while Excellence is in the Hand of the Professional

-+- Sent on behalf of Choctaw Media Ltd -+-

Choctaw Media Limited is a company
registered in England and Wales
with company number 04627649

Registered Office: