[thelist] how secure is reasonable

Hassan Schroeder hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 10:43:42 CDT 2007

On 10/6/07, Bob Meetin - www.dottedi.biz <bobm at dottedi.biz> wrote:

> I suggested we could set up a secure location on his website (hosted),

Is this a dedicated or shared server? Given the incidence of identity
theft, I sure wouldn't want my financial data on a shared server. Even
encrypting at the server on upload leaves a potential failure point.

Setting up an inexpensive box in the office and using a VPN (or Web
access via SSL with client certificates) might not be such a bad
alternative, and /certainly/ less expensive than leasing a dedicated
server.

FWIW,
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder at gmail.com