[thelist] spam assassin / box trapper spam trap

Bob Meetin - www.dottedi.biz bobm at dottedi.biz
Sun Oct 7 15:42:03 CDT 2007

Update - perhaps some progress with the spam trap settings.  I spent
'time' messing with this, losing emails...  I had tried a number of
things in the white list like:

subject: [the-list]
subject: [the-list]

The colin (:) seems like one source of failure; this was confusing
matters.  The brackets [] seem like another source of failure.  When I
remove the colin and the brackets, it seemed to allow messages with the
following subject lines to pass:

[the-list]
[the-list] some garbage text
Re: [the-list] some garbage text

The really "ugly" part about the failures was that they vanished in thin
air, were not getting trapped and held in the "Review Queue".  Failure
meant catastrophic, meaning lost, unrecoverable mail to me.

The abbreviated help doc that is available via cPanel is pretty slim,
does not mention the 'gotchas'.  There may be more but this helps.

-Bob