[thelist] Form data to office database

Pieter Roosens pieter at roosensdesign.com
Tue Oct 9 05:02:40 CDT 2007

Thanks very much for this clear explanation Jon!
Although I know the question was still very "general".

What they want is a form on their web site that visitors fill in for
asking a repair on a device.
The client has a database on their office computer and want to
somehow "connect" this.
So no "open" database, but I guess they could:
- regularly update from the database on the web site server (by
FTP?), that we feed with the form.
- or, we let the form data send by email to them and this should be
processed somehow... into the office database

So, firstly in a few days I will know more after asking these
questions and discussion, and let you know.
Hope to find some "plug and play" solution ... hmm.

Thanks a lot,
Pieter

Op 9-okt-07, om 05:06 heeft Jon Molesa het volgende geschreven: