[thelist] Form data to office database

Jon Molesa rjmolesa at consoltec.net
Tue Oct 9 11:12:36 CDT 2007

Good advice.

Access users are used to changing tables/forms/queries on the fly.
Depending on the db on the server I'd be hesitant to do this simply
because the system's permissions may prevent the user from making the
changes they feel are important.  Or whose, I reluctantly alter the
permissions, they make changes that break the website.  Either way it
gets into explanations and discussion I just don't care to have.  On one
hand I'm telling my client they are not able to do something, on the
other hand I'm coming in the back door to quietly clean up messes on a
regular basis.  Just my feelings.

This is a option and can work well with the right explanation.  I just
haven't found the right one.  In the end, as Jason pointed out, it could
be very slow and cause you to have to explain to your client that is
just the way things are.

--
Jon Molesa
rjmolesa at consoltec.net