[thelist] Form data to office database

Jon Molesa rjmolesa at consoltec.net
Tue Oct 9 12:30:39 CDT 2007

*On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 05:49:33PM +0100 Jason Handby <jason.handby at corestar.co.uk> wrote:

> Alternatively you can create views for them to link to instead of tables
> -- also a good strategy for minimising the amount of data being
> transferred -- and massage permissions accordingly.

I'll have to look into views.  I thought this was just on SQL
server/express.  But again, I may be wrong, in my experience clients
don't like to hear "That's not possible.", or "You can't do that."  They
tend to get doubtful in my abilities.  I hear "I just want it to work."
It's then my job to make it work as close as possible to what they're
expecting, if possible.  In this case, I'm in favor of scripting.
Besides, it's kinda fun to move data around and have it where and when
the user expects it.

--
Jon Molesa
rjmolesa at consoltec.net