[thelist] DNS management

Dejan Kozina dejan at kozina.com
Wed Oct 10 13:02:24 CDT 2007

If by DNS tools you mean having one's own name servers and write access
to the zone records, the answer is yes. My hosting provider
(dathorn.com) has its own name servers and allows record editing upon
request.
If your hosting doesn't, you can open a free account at
http://xname.org/ up to two or three domains. They check your records
for errors before letting them go live.

djn

Joel D Canfield wrote:
> I just found out that my 'new' (soon to be 'latest ex') domain registrar
> won't give me support on their DNS tools. [1]
>
> Do any of you use DNS tools separate from your registrar's?
>
> thanks
>
> joel
>
> [1] Watch for my post at http://CommonsenseEntrepreneur.com/ "Not My Job
> is Not Customer Service"
Dejan Kozina Web design studio
Dolina 346 (TS) - I-34018 Italy
tel./fax: +39 040 228 436 - cell.: +39 348 7355 225 skype: dejankozina
http://www.kozina.com/  - e-mail: dejan at kozina.com