[thelist] RTF Import to CMS

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 12:45:48 CDT 2007

I have now a set of around 10K RTF files which I want to import into my
CMS of choice, that being Drupal. Roughly 600 of them have external
images, linked using a structured file naming system. The RTF data is
structured in volumes, each one to a directory, and then each page (more
or less) is an RTF file.

I have poked around Google and drupal.com and I haven't really found any
good solution for this type of import. The RTF files are not technically
simple--some have tables and sideways text and other non-trivial RTF
constructs.

Any ideas as how to begin with this job? Perhaps convert RTF to HTML or
XML first?

I would also consider another CMS if one was more suited to this
task--Drupal is the one I know.

Thanks,
Fred