[thelist] ecommerce - certificate / authorize.net / payment module configuration

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Thu Oct 18 11:26:45 CDT 2007

I'm still working with this, if anyone can advise.  Also looking through
other forums for advice.

I just installed a vanilla install of osCommerce on my site.  It has a
default module already installed for Authorize.net and when you go to
install that Gateway the questions are much different than what I see
when I go to add a payment module for Virtuemart.  Not sure whether this
is because I don't understand the processes or it is not installed
correctly yet.

In osCommerce payment gateway I see:

*Enable Authorize.net Module* Do you want to accept Authorize.net
payments? -->  True/False
*Login Username* used for the Authorize.net service --> ______________
*Transaction Key* used for encrypting TP data  --> _________________
*Transaction Mode* used for processing orders  --> Test/Production
*Transaction Method* used for processing orders --> Credit Card or eCheck

On Virtuemart there are a number of fields to complete: