[thelist] client wishlist - modeling/graphics

kasimir-k kasimir.k.lists at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 03:11:42 CDT 2007

Bob Meetin scribeva in 21/10/2007 15:50:
> I have a client who has a product, exercise equipment,  He has PDF
> docs/diagrams and some various images.  On his wishlist he would like to
> be able to take some of the images and with whatever software that can
> do this create some 3 dimensional type moving/rotating views, as if
> someone using a video camera is walking around the equipment and moving
> up/down at the same time to change perspective.

Once one of his products has been flattened to two dimensions, there is
no way to put the depth back there. There are many ways to make it look
like 3D, but no real 3D.

Removing dimensional information is helluva lot easier than putting it
back - a bit like a cork of a champagne bottle.

> He mentioned autocad which I have heard of, never seen.  I'm wondering
> what application is used to create web-ready imagery like this.

With Autocad you'd have to create the model first - and that requires
more than one 2D image. To get a nice overview on 3D have a look at:
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3D_computer_graphics>

> Door #2 which I suggested was to take the equipment to a studio where a
> camera/video person could put it on a rotating platform and do it that way.

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QuickTime_VR>

.k