[thelist] CMS and Hosting

Todd Richards todd at promisingsites.com
Tue Nov 6 17:19:21 CST 2007

Hi Everyone -

Our company hosts individual sites for our members.  Recently some of the
members have asked about upgrading their sites to include a CMS (so they can
manage the content easier).  The server that everything is currently on is a
"beefy" Windows 2003 with MS SQL 2000.  However, I'm not opposed to
something running PHP/MySQL on my Windows server.  None of the sites
generate a huge amount of traffic, so "server overload" isn't an issue at
this point.  If need be, I might consider adding a Linux box into our
network.

I thought about building a simple CMS interface for them, but I'd hate to
reinvent the wheel.  Cost, of course, is a factor.

Anyone have any suggestions on a product that is ready for this, or am I
better off looking at building something?  I've looked at Joomla, but I
can't tell how accommodating it is for hosting multiple sites.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Todd