[thelist] CMS and Hosting

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Thu Nov 8 19:12:45 CST 2007

On 7 Nov 2007, at 18:11, Brady Mitchell wrote:

>> I've had good experience running multiple sites on a single Drupal
>> install.
>
> Drupal makes it very easy to run multiple sites on one install. Just
> change a few settings in a config file and create a config file for
> each new site and you're golden. You can install modules that every
> site can use, and I believe you can also install modules specific to a
> site.

Yes, you can.

Whether you'd want to do this for multiple customers will depend on
whether you're giving them access via FTP/ssh or just via the web
interface.

If the latter, then all's good. If the former, you'll need to do some
control over where in the filesystem they can wander, no matter
whether it's multiple installs or multi-site with one install.

Cheers
Martin

 > http://www.nuclearelephant.com/projects/dspam/
Sell Cloth Nappies from your website: