[thelist] Link problems on html on desktop

Dan Stockton prosayist at inbox.com
Fri Nov 16 08:00:45 CST 2007

> Ok, here's the story.
>
> I was showing the kid how to..  make links to swf games.. on.. his laptop..
> .. Firefox .. Opened the page from IE.. Has anyone ever run
> across this before or better yet know a solution?
>
> Thanks, Breezy.

By default, files with SWF extension are opened with IE.
Firefox menu says "Save Link As..." (with 'k' being the accesskey)

try SWF Catcher extension for Firefox;

http://www.sothinkmedia.com/swf-catcher-firefox/

I prefer SWF associated with SWF-Opener, great tool for playing SWF with
association available from the program's view menu (click
'View/Associate SWF files with SWF-Opener')

http://browsertools.net/SWF-Opener/

Try the best Free Download Manager;

http://freedownloadmanager.org/

it's open-source now and the newest version has capabilities for FLV
download from certain sites (YouTube, Google, etc.. )

Drag/Drop the link to the 'DropBox' to have FDM download the file to the
place of your choosing, click the file to open with SWF Opener, play the
game. Repeat as necessary.

-Dan