[thelist] PEAR Package not found by PHP

Stefan Schwarzer st.schwarzer at geois.de
Fri Nov 23 00:34:24 CST 2007

Hi there,

I would say that the PEAR package is correctly installed. I added the
OLE package ( $ pear install OLE ) and the PEAR Spreadsheet Excel
Writer ( $ pear install Spreadsheet_Excel_Writer ), but my PHP script
is still telling me:

Warning: main(Spreadsheet/Excel/Writer.php) [function.main]: failed
to open stream: No such file or directory in XXXX

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required
'Spreadsheet/Excel/Writer.php' (include_path='/usr/local/share/pear')

Why would that be? I am running PHP 4 on Mac OS X Tiger.

Thanks for any help!

   Stefan Schwarzer

   Lean Back and Relax - Enjoy some Nature Photography:

   Appetite for Global Data? UNEP GEO Data Portal: