[thelist] OT: Need a new laptop for development...

Bob Boisvert webdad at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Nov 25 13:57:49 CST 2007

Hi All,

Sorry for the OT but I'm in a bit of a jam, my laptop that I use for
development and client meetings has been damaged and I now need to purchase
a new one.

Can anyone make a suggestion as to a good brand, excellent graphics
capability, and a work horse machine?

I was using an HP Pavilion Windows XP Pro 2.9 GHz processor with 1GB of
memory.

I'm currently quoting HP again and Dell, I have heard that Dell has
motherboard issues occasionally but I haven't experienced this.

Any suggestions would help.

Thanks,
Bob