[thelist] Developing on Linux

Ari Constancio ari.constancio at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 05:05:03 CST 2007

Hi Fred,

Go for it. You won't regret, as Linux and the BSDs make excellent
development environments.

Of course, there is a learning curve waiting :). Check, though,
O'Reilly books (http://www.oreilly.com ) for great reference and intro
materials.
Also, check the lists from your distro (Ubuntu) and specific programs for help.
Finally, if you can, join a Linux User Group, if available in your area.

Cheers,
Ari Constancio