[thelist] Project Price

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Thu Dec 6 19:00:55 CST 2007

On 3 Dec 2007, at 11:59, Fred Jones wrote:

> I have a unique situation with a client. He wanted a website over a
> year
> ago and I began it, for a fixed price. After a bit of work, he said he
> would get back to me with a new graphic design. That took him over 6
> months. I then couldn't work on it so we tried to outsource it, three
> times. All three failed.m :(

Essential part of any quote: validity term. "This quote is our final
and best offer, and is valid until dd-mm-yyyy"

That's not to say you might not still agree the same amount of money
at a later date, but you're not guaranteeing it, as circumstances
might have changed, such as availability of people to work on it, so
you have to outsource, which is of course going to have a cost impact
that *someone* has to eat.

Cheers
Martin