[thelist] how 'bout PHP? (was RE: using ASP to convert uploaded MS Word doc to PDF)

kasimir-k kasimir.k.lists at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 10:59:02 CST 2007

Joel D Canfield scribeva in 07/12/2007 15:58:
>> Anyone have actual real world experience converting Word to PDF after
>> upload? I need to allow the user to upload Word docs and
>> convert on the fly to PDF

>> Or, other ideas? I may be trying to solve the wrong problem.
>
> How about with PHP? Again, I find lots of ways to create a PDF from
> scratch, but nothing about converting an uploaded Word doc to pdf.

As you've noticed, PDF is not the problem, Word is. If it ware RTF then
it would be much easier.

Have you checked this <http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/package/388.html>
"Class to convert any document, that can be read by MS Word, to another
format supported by Word."

How about telling the user to save as another format?

.k