[thelist] Mobile mapping

John Allsopp john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Sun Dec 9 07:10:36 CST 2007

Hi all

I may be about to develop a mapping application for desktop and mobile
devices. My thoughts first went to Google Maps, but it looks like that
requires JavaScript and doesn't really work on mobiles. Any thoughts
where I should be looking?

I'm not an expert on developing for mobiles. I was trained in WAP/WML
but am I right in thinking that's rather irrelevant nowadays? Where
should I be looking for info about developing for mobiles? I'm an open
source kinda guy spending most of my time in PHP.

Cheers