[thelist] authnet - how do you store the required fields until they are sent?

Nan Harbison nan at nanharbison.com
Tue Dec 18 10:17:23 CST 2007

Hi All,
Authorize.net (and other online payment systems) require a bunch of required
fields, of course, and I need to first have the sign up form page and then
the credit card info form page.  I have the form action as self, and if all
the sign up info is entered, the credit card form shows up. Is storing the
fields in session variables the best way to do this, or in hidden form
variables?This is in PHP and MySQL. Perhaps it is easier to use a temporary
row in a db? I do not plan to permanently store the credit card info.
TIA
Nan