[thelist] authnet - how do you store the required fields until they are sent?

Hassan Schroeder hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 12:29:57 CST 2007

On Dec 18, 2007 8:17 AM, Nan Harbison <nan at nanharbison.com> wrote:

> Authorize.net (and other online payment systems) require a bunch of required
> fields, of course, and I need to first have the sign up form page and then
> the credit card info form page.  I have the form action as self, and if all
> the sign up info is entered, the credit card form shows up. Is storing the
> fields in session variables the best way to do this...

That's what I do, but in a Java environment where session data isn't
written to disk.

Can you configure your PHP instance to use the database to persist
session data?

Also, consider keeping the entire transaction as a record in the DB;
that way you can also save Authorize.net's transaction id plus the last
four digits and expiration date of the CC, which you'll need if you have
to reverse or adjust a transaction.

FWIW,
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder at gmail.com