[thelist] aol, session tracking, and load-balacing

Brian Cummiskey Brian at hondaswap.com
Tue Jan 8 12:04:14 CST 2008

Hi all,

One of our clients is reporting issues with AOL users.  Specifically,
they are 'losing their cart'.

We run a 3-web, 1 db system, with a load balancer.

We cookie them and session them as well as store their items in a db table.

However, due to AOL's ip changes on the fly, the AOL customer's are
losing their carts.  The new ip hits the load balancer as what appears
to it as a new session, and may put it on one of the other web servers.

Anyone dealt with this before?