[thelist] Marking up words in colours

John Allsopp john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Sat Jan 19 00:56:26 CST 2008

Hi people

If I wanted to make multicoloured words throughout a page, for instance
if I wanted to give 'multicoloured' a green 'm', blue 'u', yellow 'lt'
and so on, how would I best mark that up?

It seems to me I'd wreck any chance of searching on the text whatever
I'd do. But for my application it might be worthwhile. So what would be
least disruptive?

real mess and makes a mockery of markup removing style from content.

Is there a way of just doing less typing? Or should I be forgetting html
and using something else like svg or maybe an image with the coloured
text, with plain text by the side.

Thoughts?