[thelist] Providing Multi-Language Options in a CMS

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Wed Jan 30 14:33:15 CST 2008

Randal,

I reckon a lot would hinge on the capabilities of the CMS, the middleware,
and the database.  Check to make sure you are using a character set across
the board that is capable of encoding the strings.  Unicode should
suffice--just make sure everybody is talking in that set and you may be ok
from a technical standpoint.  Of course, your CMS has to be able to handle
it, but that is a coding issue.

Joshua

Joshua L. Olson
WAE Technologies, Inc.
http://www.waetech.com/
Phone: 706.210.0168
Fax: 707.988.0168
Private Enterprise Number: 28752

Monitor bandwidth usage on IIS6 in real-time:
http://www.waetech.com/services/iisbm/