[thelist] Storing Schedules in a database - Best Practices???

Daniel Burke dan.p.burke at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 04:58:56 CST 2008

You could get away with pretty much anything, several hundred workers is
nothing in the face of a quad core xeon.
I don't know your structure, but personally I'd describe the shifts, and
have another table assigning workers to them for given days.
If for whatever reason your queries end up taking entire seconds, convert
them to stored procedures.