[thelist] setting up users for Plone

Bruce Gilbert webguync at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 22:20:57 CST 2008

> Sorry: what do you mean by "plone controller"?  The Zope Management
> Interface (ZMI)? or the Site Setup panel within Plone?  or the zopectl
> utility (command line)?  You usually create an "emergency user" from a
> command line only when you have lost the "admin" password and can't
> log into your site.

it's this which appeared after  the download. This is the only place I
saw to set  up an admin user

http://tinyurl.com/373923

> If you are logged into your Plone site as a user with "Manager"
> privileges (essentially, an administrator), your Site Setup --> Users
> and Groups panel should look something like this:
> http://tinyurl.com/2c5ljw

here is what I see under user tab...

http://tinyurl.com/3bfgug

I think the problem is logging in as administrator. I get a full page
of errors, but don't know how to debug :-)

--
::Bruce::