[thelist] Structure of legal documents

Julian Rickards julian.rickards at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 16:21:09 CST 2008

Hi All:

I am in charge of our department's web pages and responsible for
preparing the web site (currently using a tables-based layout) for a
CSS-based layout. Many pages are quite easy to do but the ones that I
think I will have the greatest trouble with are our policy pages in
which the web editor has tried to make the pages follow the layout
required for printed documentation of the policies.

An example of what I am dealing with may be found at
http://lrcdsudcweb0001:8085/MNDM/MINES/LANDS/policies/lppolicy/lp103-1_e.asp.

Does anyone have any experience dealing with legal-like documents that
may be able to provide some insight?

I am well versed in semantic HTML and CSS (the new layout, not yet
available for viewing, was designed by a designer and converted to CSS
by myself).

Jules

--
Blog: http://pen-and-ink.ca
E-mail: julian dot rickards at gmail dot com