[thelist] Structure of legal documents

Lee Kowalkowski lee.kowalkowski at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 14 09:56:31 CST 2008

On 14/02/2008, Julian Rickards <julian.rickards at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hah!!! Sorry!
>
> http://www.mndm.gov.on.ca/mndm/mines/lands/policies/lppolicy/lp103-1_e.asp
>
> Jules

Not sure what's so unusual here, I'm assuming you're referring to
having headers in a margin (or perhaps a styled definition list).

Having to mimic paper artefacts often means you end up with an
isolated collection of styles just for that purpose.

I've had to replicate paper versions in the past for displaying Direct
Debit instructions, statements, newspaper articles, etc...  It can
result in an inconsistent user experience too if you have to replicate
many different designs in a single system.

I think the benefits of having an electronic version's style based on
its paper equivalent are seldom tangible or worth having the
inconsistency with the rest of the site, especially with paper-based
forms.

--
Lee