[thelist] Director/Shockwave postNetText not working

Sales @ Lycosa sales at lycosa.co.uk
Fri Feb 15 05:27:30 CST 2008

> I'm not sure of the cause of the abnormality, but have you confirmed on
the client side that the variables actually have value? There could be
additional troubleshooting steps, but the most frequent cause I've seen
of similar problem reports has been when the variables have been out of
scope, or their values similarly blank.

Thanks, jd, we discovered the problem. It was a type encoding issue, to get
the ordinal value of the characters in a string. It seems that Shockwave
uses ASCII, whereas PHP uses Unicode. Some investigation is necessary!

Phil