[thelist] mouseover effects on an image embedded in a larger photoshop image

Nan Harbison nan at nanharbison.com
Sat Feb 16 13:29:37 CST 2008

Hi Evolters,

I was handed a map of the globe in a psd file from the artist designing a
site I am building. On mouseover, the color of the dots, which represent
countries where this company has a presence, should change color from red to
blue or something. I know how to have the WHOLE image change color (with
different versions of the image) on mouseover with JS, but is there a way to
do this with a portion of an image, and also, have the name of the country
at the side of the globe change to the same color? I think you should also
be able to mouseover the country name and have the dot change too.
Should this be done with flash??

Here is a gif of the map:
http://www.projecthealthychildren.org/newsite/globe.htm

TIA,