[thelist] Strange padding problem on IE7

Paul Waring paul at xk7.net
Sun Feb 17 16:16:07 CST 2008

I've created the following test site for a client:

http://www.astleyhire.co.uk/testing/astleyhire/

If you look at the Products page vs the Promotions page in IE7, the left
hand navigation bar has a huge amount of padding on the promotions page
(this happens for some other pages too - it seems to depend on how much
text is on the page already). I've no idea why this is - the HTML and
the CSS are valid, and Firefox, Safari and even IE on the Mac(!) seem to
render the document correctly without any problems. I thought it might
be a box model problem, but I'm using tables for the layout rather than CSS.

Can anyone shed any light on this situation? I'm (almost literally)
tearing my hair out over this.

Thanks in advance,

Paul