[thelist] Avoiding Downstream Caching from AJAX Request

Chris Marsh chris.marsh at priocept.com
Mon Feb 18 12:32:54 CST 2008

Mark

> On February 18, 2008 7:52:26 am Chris Marsh wrote:
> > Am I correct in saying that including the following HTTP request
> header
> > will ensure that downstream caching is *not* performed for this
> > resource?
> >
> > CACHE-CONTROL: no-cache
>
> It is a MUST control except for someone using a very old/odd
> servers/browsers,
> then the Pragma might be implemented instead:
>
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2616#section-14.9

Thanks for the link. This looks to be sufficient confirmation for my
requirements - if a vendor/admin somewhere decides not to adhere to the
specification then I don't think that this can be held as my
responsibility.

I'll just double-check the browser caching side of things now - thanks
to you and Volkan for your help.

I haven't been on this list for a while - it's nice to be back.

Cheers!

Chris Marsh
chris.marsh at priocept.com

Confidentiality notice:
This email and/or any attached document(s) is confidential and intended
only for the person to which it is addressed. It may contain privileged
and/or confidential information. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of this information by persons other than the
intended recipient is prohibited.