[thelist] faxing online orders?

kasimir-k kasimir.k.lists at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 10:17:41 CST 2008

Jeremy Weiss scribeva in 2008-02-22 20:54:
> I've got a client that is wanting to add an online order form to his
> sandwich shop's website. He wants the order faxed to him so that the
> employee just grabs the faxed order and fills it.

No, he does not want the orders faxed.

Fax just happens to be the word in his vocabulary for "get the thing
over the line to a piece of paper here without me having to touch any
friggin computers"

You don't have to send anything. No emails, no faxes, no postcards. Just
poll.

On the website, orders go to a database or flat files or something.

Then install a tiny humble headless linux box at the shop. Have a cron
job poll any new orders from the web server and print them.

.k