[thelist] faxing online orders?

Hassan Schroeder hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 13:05:40 CST 2008

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 10:31 AM, kasimir-k <kasimir.k.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

>  A linux box which's only task is to poll and print orders from a web
>  site doesn't really require maintenance once it is set up and running.

It's one more thing to deal with than he has now. And mostly, I'm
talking maintenance on the printer. Anything with moving parts...  :-)

>  > What benefit could that possibly offer?
>
>  Cost for one. This kind of server is very cheap, but high volume faxing
>  expensive.

? How high a volume can a sandwich shop generate? And what's
the source of this cost? How much does a POTS phone line cost
a month? :-)

>  Also it's more reliable: less moving parts and reliance on third party.

Sorry, I'm just not seeing it --

You now have two printing devices that need to be refilled with
paper and ink, unjammed periodically -- sounds like more work
for /someone/ to deal with.

Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder at gmail.com